We are looking for an enthusiastic, hard working, reliable team player to join our growing business. Please review the job description below. If you are interested in a career in optometry and optical retail, please submit a cover letter and application.
The key responsibility of this position is to provide excellent customer service for patients and support our optical team. This person will be a first and final impression of our practice, ensuring all patient expectations were met and the Uptown Eyes’ mission was upheld to provide each individual patient with the best patient care experience possible.
Position: Front Desk & Optical Assistant
Pay range based on experience ($14-16/hr)
Health Benefits, Dental, Retirement, and Bonus structure
Education requirements: High School diploma. No training required, but optical experience beneficial.
• Greet patients
• Answer phones and assist patient or triage to appropriate staff member
• Check-in patients for their appointment, ensuring all demographic and insurance information is updated and correct.
• Schedule appointments
• Management of patient communications via phone, text, fax, and email
• Collect copays and fees
• File vision insurance plans when applicable
• Assist with managing patient communications (scheduling, rescheduling appointments, follow up tasks)
• Assist with appointment confirmations
• Miscellaneous office duties to help insure our eyewear gallery and office are organized and clean.
• Get to know patient, in order to learn needs/wants for eyewear
• Assist shoppers in styling eyewear
• Prescription interpretation
• Patient lens education
• Prescription lens measurements
• Order prescription glasses
• Prepare orders for shipping
• Check-in verification of glasses
• Eyewear adjustments & repairs
• Fit & dispense eyewear
• Keep up with new technology – continuing education
• Arrange eyewear displays – visual merchandising
• Troubleshoot adjustment or fitting problems if they arise
Learn more about Uptown Eyes @ uptowneyesnwa.com